Have you ever investigated issuing your own gift cards in your shop?
It widely used in Pet Shops where many of my clients use our point-of-sale system to sell their own gift cards. It is straightforward and easy to do.
They use it as it increases sales and helps generate repeat business.
Here are a few advantages.
1) Customer with a gift card often visit the shop more than once to redeem the card balance?
2) Most gift card buyers and recipients tend to buy more than the face value of a gift card. Studies show about 30% more.
3) Some gift cards are never claimed, so becoming pure profit. Industry figures are about 2%. If your average margin is 25%, then that increases your margin to 26.5%
4) You can use them instead of a discount, offer say for every $50 purchased, a $5 gift voucher free. It's a better deal for you than a $5 discount.
5) They make good discount voucher, better than giving away money.
6) Expand your market. Rather than give local charity money, why not provide them with a gift voucher to entice them to shop with you.
Take a look at it and let me know.
Go to cash register section > Gift vouchers.